Friday, December 12, 2008

Bright Spot

Yesterday it rained cats and dogs here. On top of that, it was cold.... and I forgot my umbrella. So, since I now take the bus to the metro, I walked home in the cold rain. This makes me very grumpy. But, when I got into the house, waiting for me on the living room table was my package from my Starbucks & Yarn swap partner! This was indeed a VERY bright spot in an otherwise dreary day.
Well, I couldn't dive in right away because Wendy had dinner all ready and was handing me a bowl full of tasty spaghetti while I was trying to get into the box. Oh well, a home cooked meal on a dreary day is also a bright spot AND it added to the anticipation. So, after my VERY tasty dinner, I tore open the box which revealed many sunny yellow wrapped packages -- another bright spot.


Ok, I was REALLY excited to have Shelby as my spoiler because I knew she dyed her own yarn and I was hoping to be on the receiving end of this talent of hers. And all I can say is I did indeed get some yummy yarn. I got two different skeins. One, a sock weight yarn which included some sparkly silver yarn, was made especially for me. It included all of my favorite colors and is just SO pretty and sparkly. You can KIND of see the sparkles in the picture, but I couldn't do it justice. The other skein is a worsted weight that is a BEAUTIFUL combination of blues and browns (another fav of mine!) and is SUPER soft.

The next few gifts were a homemade bookmark and some stitch markers. As you can see, they too were GORGEOUS. Shelby is definitely one crafty lady! I also got a travel mug that had pictures of things that I like -- including a Starbucks beverage, my Hogwarts House flag and a map of the Northern VA area (where I call home).


Finally, I got an absolutely beautiful clutch bag. It is in my current favorite shade of blue and had a really pretty button that I believe is a Celtic knot. She left it unfelted so I could make it as loose or as tight as I liked, which is VERY considerate of her. I think I will felt it a bit to give it more structure, but it is still an absolutely GORGEOUS bag.


Thank you again, Shelby! You are such a thoughtful and generous person and I really do love everything. I hope we can meet soon!

One more quick thing. After a trip to Target, my first SP13 package is ready to be sent. I really hope my pal likes it!

No comments: