Thursday, January 22, 2009

Belated Christmas Report

Ok, so Christmas was almost a month ago, but I never got a chance to show off the handmade gifts that I created for my family and friends. So, since I'm lacking in inspiration for posts, I'm going to do so now.

First, is the scarf that I made for my little brother. He never actually GOT the scarf because I missplaced it while moving. I think it was a blessing in disguise because it turns out Noah isn't a big fan of scarves. :)

Next, is the hat I made for my BIL, Andy. It's the Irish Hiking Hat (Rav link). I was worried about it being too small, but turns out it fits just fine. Real quick, I finished the poncho-that-became-a-shawl for my sister, but didn't get any pics of it. She loves it!

Here we have the Fetchings (Rav link)I made for my mom. It's a really bad picture, I know. They're made from Dream in Color Classy in the Beach Fog colorway. They remind me of mermaid tales.


Finally, we have the two Foliage (Rav link) hats I made for my nieces, Tessa & Lexie. I am SERIOUSLY in love with this pattern. I impressed my mom by finishing it in about a day. And I'm also now SERIOUSLY in love with Malabrigo. I just kept petting the pink one while I was making it.


I also made another Foliage hat for a co-worker (again in the Malabrigo) and a pair of Felted Clogs for a friend, but don't have any pics. I am very proud of myself for getting that much knitting done in such a short amount of time. Now, if only I could finish my CPH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice knitting! Did you get the package I sent? Time has been getting away from me, but I am pretty sure you should have got it by now. It was a bubble envelope..
(SP buddy)

Noelle said...

Wow - that is a some ambitious Christmas knitting - all such nice projects too. Hope everyone loved their gifts! I've put the hat and the fingerless mitts in my queue too.

AshAsh said...

Thanks for the compliments! In the past year, I've had more FOs than in all my other years of knitting combined! It's so much fun and so satisfying. :)