Saturday, July 25, 2009

Life

So, I've been letting things get away from me. Everything from my friends and family to my spoiler/spoilee duties. And all because of a little thing called the 2009 ERA Awards Program. That's right folks, and awards program has come between me and all of you.

You see, there's only one of me and close to 300 entries. All of these entries have to be entered into the database and the nominators have to be charged. I have to arrange for volunteer judges, make sure that all of the materials (commercials, questionnaires and ballots) get to the judges and then make sure the ballots get tabulated. I have the help of a Task Force, but that task force is more bent on getting their own agenda across than helping me. So, this week was the week to get all the materials out -- and I did it, but the skin of my teeth! Well, I got the long form judging materials out. Monday (or Sunday if I can drag myself into the office!) I'll email the short form materials to the judges. Suffice it to say all of my other duties have kind of fallen down on the priority list! I think that I can get back to it though now that the materials have gone out. At least that's what I'm hoping.

So, now you know why it is that I've been so neglectful and absent minded lately. I hope you understand! I hope you're all enjoying your summer... I want to hear all about it!

Talk to you soon!

No comments: