Saturday, July 18, 2009

Walloon Lake, MI

My dad's family has a cabin on a lake in northern Michigan. We have been on Walloon Lake for 75 years now - which of course called for a big family celebration. So, June 19, I made my way up there and began a week of rest and relaxation on the prettiest lake you'll ever see! The best part? Seeing all of my uncles, aunts and cousins. I hope this will become a tradition!

Most mornings began like this. Kind of eerie isn't it?

But they always ended up like this. This is how most days went... reading and getting sun on the dock! Oh the good life!

But first we had a little party to celebrate our diamond anniversary. This is Uncle Stu, my grandpa George's brother and the unofficial head of the family.

We went out to dinner one night as well. Here's my dad and me.

And dad with Elizabeth.


I also had a chance to meet the newest member of the family, Aaron Leo. Here is with Susan, my stepmom. So cute, right?

There was also a bit of cornhole being played.



But it all comes back to the lake. This has to be my favorite shot I think. It was taken around 10pm on the Summer Solstice. God how I love this lake!

All in all it was a fantastic trip. Lots of fun, food and frevolity. Just what I needed right before work got crazy busy. Can't wait for next year!

No comments: