Friday, April 02, 2010

Who would YOU be?!

For this new semester at Hogwarts, we're choosing characters that we'd like to have kits based on. Such an INTERESTING idea - and so hard to choose! One of the great things about the Harry Potter world are all of the rich and unique characters. A kit based on any of them would prove fun, but since I'm limited to only three, three it shall be.

The three that I've chosen are Ginny Weasley, Fleur Delacour and Nypmphadora Tonks. All three a strong and intelligent women - two characteristics that I strive to emulate. But each has unique characteristics as well.

Ginny Weasley: I love Ginny. Growing the only girl with six older brothers can only make you a stronger person, I just know it. She's clever - and is subtle about it. People are always surprised by the things she can do and I like that about her. She is way smarter than her brothers, but doesn't rub it in their faces. She's courageous and stands up for herself. All good things!

Fleur Delacour: Fleur has such great style! She's elegant and sophisticated and I want to be like that. While she's a bit of a snob and very arrogant, she's also extremely loyal and can see the beauty underneath. I love how she stays by Bill's side after his bite from the werewolf. Shows true stength of character.

Nymphadora Tonks: Now Nymphadora has to be one of my all-time faves! She's not afraid to be herself (hello, constantly changing faces and hair!) and relishes being a black sheep in the Black family. She also has a bit of a stubborn streak and isn't afraid to voice her opinion.

So, there you go. Three strong characters from the Harry Potter world. So hard to pick only three, I know! Who would YOU pick?!

1 comment:

A. Kellogg said...

My personal favorite is Hermione Granger. I'm also a bookworm and I love when a series has a bookworm with strebgth of character. Hermione is not only intelligent she's also compassionate and that is an important characterisstic for me.

A second choice would be Severus Snape. He's drak, but not evil. He does what he has to to survive while trying to do what is right.

My third choice would be Luna Lovegood. She seems crazy and spacey to most people, but she has these moments of profound wisdom. I love that she's not afraid to be an imaginative dreamer despite what others say about her.