Saturday, May 15, 2010

Perfect Day

I know, from time to time, we like to describe our "perfect day", but what do you do when you have one? Is it exactly as you've always described it, or is it just a day filled with all of the things that make you happy? Well, let me take a few moments to tell you about mine because it's just the kind of day that I've always imagined having, but like nothing I ever have put together.

It started with breakfast (made in my very own kitchen) and Anastasia (I'm having a pseudo-John Cusack film fest). Then I did some cleaning. I know, not something that's usually included in a perfect day, but when it's your very first apartment (that's only yours), it can be kind of perfect!

After reading a bit it was time for the afternoon portion of the day. This included a pedicure with my bestie, Penny. Followed by lunch served by a great character of a waiter. Penny then came by to see my new place and left soon after. So, left to my own devices, I decided to take myself to see Iron Man 2. I also REALLY wanted to see Letters to Juliet, but I was trying to be good - then I decided, what the hell and went to see it anyway.

Let me just say that Letter's to Juliet is WAY better than it should have been. After a very romantic movie (which took place in TUSCANY - the best place EVER!) I really wanted to sit outside with some wine and my book. I lucked out and got the last outdoor table available at Cheestique. I had a lovely glass of wine with some great cheese and bread - all enjoyed in the beautiful spring night with a fun book.

So there you have it. A perfect day consisting of good friends, some pampering, good food and good entertainment. What more could I ask for? What about you? What would today's answer be for a perfect day?

No comments: