Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lousy Weeks

I'm not going to lie. This week has SUCKED! On Tuesday I wore my new favorite black dress. Did my hair and makeup - wore jewelry. I was feeling very pretty and smart. I was at my desk and working away on the weekly newsletter when my boss asked me if I had a minute. I walked with him into the CFO/COO's office - when I made the off-the-cuff remark of "Oh my god, you're firing me!". Sure enough, the CFO/COO looks at me with a very grave expression and says, "This has not been an easy decision, but we no longer have a need for your services." My position was no longer necessary. Yup, I was laid off.

Silver lining. I was given a six week severance package as well as my health benefits through the end of November. The severance pay will allow me to look for a job that I really WANT rather than just one that I NEED. Although, this rational will likely change the closer I get to the end of the six weeks and I haven't landed a job. But I'm not going to stay on that thought for very long. I'm going to be positive and believe that I'll find one in plenty of time.

There is one small problem though. The computer that I use is the one my office issued me for telecommuting. I now have to give this back, which means that I won't have ready access to a computer. Most unfortunate, but I'll figure something out. In the mean time, if you're in the DC metro area and no of anyone looking for a very bright and organized individual to help them with their project management, let me know. Thanks! :)

2 comments:

Emma Diggory said...

OMG I am sooo sorry! I hope you find something soon. The job market is getting a little bit better so I wish you the best of luck!!!!

Amethyst said...

Wow, that really stinks. I'm sure you'll find something soon. Will you be getting unemployment??