Sunday, October 19, 2008

Back from Bean Town

Last week I was up in Boston for a conference. The conference was ok... found a few possible speakers, heard presentations on things I only KIND of understand and met a few cool people. All in all it was a success.

This was, I think, my fourth time visiting Boston. I love this town! I really think that if I ever moved away from the DC area, it would be to move to Boston. It appeals to my love of history and tradition (which is also why I love living in the DC area!). Unfortunately, the cost of living is about the same as here, but salaries aren't. So, I'll content myself with the occasional visit. Below are a few pics from this visit.

First, here is Trinity Church and its reflection in the Hancock Building.

And another picture of Trinity Church and the Hancock Building. What I like the most about this is the contrast of the centuries old church and the modern skyscraper. The mix of the old and the new. I love that!

My hotel was very close to the Boston Public Gardens. I snuck out during a break and grabbed some shots.

The first is a shot of the Lagoon as the sun was setting.

Next is a statue of George Washington. I have to wonder if EVERY city has a statue of him...

Here we have another shot of the lagoon. This time I was trying to capture the pretty fall foilage.

People crossing the bridge on their way home from work or back to their hotels.

Another shot of the bridge, but from a distance. I'm loving the fall colors and the wheeping willow!

Woo hoo! It's Make Way for Ducklings! It's a popular children's story that I was introduced to on my first trip to Boston. I was excited to see this statue of them!

Finally, we have Julie and Jenny. We were all at the conference by ourselves and decided to hang out together. So, of course, I had to get a picture to add to my blog!

And so ends my trip to Boston. I was happy to get home just in time for the weekend. I can't wait to go back. Maybe this time it'll be for vacation rather than business! Here's hoping! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics of your trip! I have family in MA, in Wellesley and would be happy to pass on fun outings for your next trip if you like. :-)