Monday, November 17, 2008

Prometheus Found!

When Tia, my Slytherin upstream partner for HSKS 6, told me that her owl Prometheus was on his way (and to watch out for his snipping!), I was super excited! I was hoping it would arrive on Friday, but alas, that was not the case. On Saturday, I headed out to Berryville to visit my mom and the rest, so I wasn't going to be there to watch the skies. Sure enough, when I arrived home Sunday morning, there was Prometheus, patiently wating with my package by my front door!

Well, after carefully extracting the package from his talons (and avoiding his beak!), I opened a WONDEROUS package! Tia, all I can say is WOW! You are a thoughtful and VERY talented spoiler and I am lucky to have had you! :) So, take a moment to take a gander at all that Tia has sent me.

First, a picture of all the nicely wrapped gifts just for me.


Next, all of the gifts unwrapped and fabulous!

Next, here is a close up of the AMAZING Ravenclaw Tia made (she even made up the design herself!). This bag truly blows me away. I'm impressed with anyone who can do color work and this bag is a great example of it. :) The bag is also lined, which I now know I really need to learn how to do!

The next handmade item was a super cute Ravenclaw sock ornament for my tree So cute! I'm looking forward to putting it on my tree this year. :)

I think this next item is one of my fave gifts EVER! As many of you know, one of Tia's many hobbies is caligraphy. Well, I was hoping that I would be gifted with an example of her talent and boy howdy was I! She made a great notebook for me! She even wrote out my schedule for me inside. I LOVE this book and will treasure it always! :)

She also made me so handmade stitch markers. The little charms on the ends say things like "peace", "dream", "believe" and "hope". They're in the Ravenclaw colors and are VERY pretty!

Here is the great Cascade 220 yarn that she also sent. A really pretty blue and grey-ish/beige-ish color. Together they'll make a great Ravenclaw item.

And finally, here is a close up of the little extras she sent. I got three fabulous bookmarks (which is great because I'm usually reading that many different books at the same time!). Some Mary Kay chapstick, some Crystal Palace size US 8 straights (my FAV needles). I also got a blue pencil that looks like it was made out of a piece of wood, along with a red pen so I can edit my potions papers! Oh, and I didn't get this in a close up, but she sent me not one, not TWO, but THREE boxes of Mike&Ike's, the BEST candy ever!

So, as you can clearly see, Tia has been a great spoiler and I am a VERY lucky Ravenclaw witch! :) Thank you SO much, Tia, you're the best!

4 comments:

Hermione Bagnold said...

How awesome! What a great kit!

Callisto Verity said...

I didn't make up the Eagle crest design, but I did design the rest of the bag. :) But I'm really glad you like it! ^_^

I'm also really glad you like the journal. Making that was probably my favorite part of making what I sent you. Just don't let Professor Snape catch you writing in it during his class. :P

You have to post pictures of whichever Ravenclaw item you make out of the yarn, okay? ^_^

'Tis unfortunate, but I'm pretty sure the pen has been bewitched to write in black ink... though I might be mistaken. ;)

Anyways, I'm glad you like it and I'm glad Donovan has connections to the Muggle world and was able to help me get the candy for you. :)

*hugs*

-Argentia

P.S. I hope Prometheus obeyed himself. ^_^

YogaKnot said...

I love your package. I bet the notebook is amazing. :)

Minerva

Hoimang said...

I love the title of your most recent post! I own my own t-shirt and apparel design company called Prometheus Found, LLc http://www.prometheusfound.com.

I would love to have you knit something for me using my logo! How can one not love Prometheus?!?