Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A Witch of a Hat

As some of you may know, I am participating in HSKS 6. Well, as part of that, I am also participating in the Dueling Club. I get paired off with a fellow Hogwarts student and the goal is to get a knitted item to them as quickly as possible. Whoever gets a hat first "dies" and is eliminated from the competition. It's been a lot of fun so far and I've gotten further than I thought I would. I even made a hat in a 24 hour time period. I was definitely starting to feel a little cocky!


Well, the most recent round had me battling Draco Firewalker. We were challenged to make an actual Witch's/Wizard's hat. This hat was indeed a challenge. It was one of the most TEDIOUS projects I've ever done. It's a top down hat and you increased the width by adding ONE stitch to the end of ever row. Just ONE stitch! And the pattern doesn't tell you which way to add the extra stitch, so I chose the kfb way. Added a nice spiral to the overall hat. Well, I spend ALL day Saturday knitting and ended with 97 stitched (after starting with 4!). I thought I was going along at a good pace. Well, I wasn't able to spend all day Sunday on it like I would have liked because I had weekend errands and chores to do. And sure enough, Draco was able to pull ahead and was able to mail it on Monday. I on the other hand wasn't able to mail until Tuesday. As his arrived in Virginia, mine LEFT Virginia. So, I'll probably get my hat today while his won't arrive until tomorrow. Bummer!

P.S. Draco, if you read this, could you please take a picture of the finished hat? I only got a few of the hat in progress and was in too much a hurry to get it mailed to remember to take a picture of it. Thanks!

2 comments:

Draco said...

Of course not a problem. It is looking great.

Draco said...

It just came in, all I have to do now is get the camera from my MIL and photos will be taken and posted. Thanks a bunch it looks and fits awesome.