Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Emotional Roller Coaster


Last night I finished Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper, which had me on an emotional roller coaster. I have not been THAT moved by a book in a really long time. It truly touched me, which is strange because I couldn't really relate to any of the characters. Except maybe Anna, I could really understand her desire to be able to figure out who she is separate to her role in the family. The desire to know who you are in general is something I believe we all encounter. I wrote a more extensive review that you can read here. I am now moving onto Ghostwalk by Rebecca Stott. It is an historical thriller that takes place at Cambridge. I hope that is as good as it sounds!

Last night I also finished the cuff to my sock. It looks a LOT better than my fist attempt which makes me think that it was a good thing to start all over. Tonight I plan to work on my sister's poncho. I intend to go back and forth between these two until my sister's poncho is done. I will also have to work in the homemade goody for my Starbucks & Yarn partner. So, all in all, it will be a very busy knitting/reading week!

No comments: