Friday, July 18, 2008

In search of the perfect yarn!

I am really keen on making the Central Park Hoodie (CPH) and there's even going to be a DC KAL so I will have support while I am working on it. I went to my FAVORITE LYS, Knit Happens, to get the yarn and they were super helpful (as usual). I was really happy with my choice of the Harrisville Highland in Suede, but when I went to do my guage, it just wasn't working out for me. On size US 7 I was getting about 20 stitches over 4" and when I went up to US 8, it was like making lace the holes were so big. So, not being a math whiz, I decided I needed to find a different yarn. So, back to Knit Happens, where I got even MORE help and ended up with a different kind of Harrisville yarn that knits up to a perfect guage. Which then makes me worry that maybe perfect is TOO good? I'm not sure, I'm still pretty new to the whole knitting thing, so I just don't know. I think I'm just going to plunge in and hope that it works. Wish me luck!

No comments: