Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Roommate Blues

In personal news, I am losing my roommate. My wonderful and absolutely FABULOUS roommate. She is moving in with her boyfriend and leaving me at the end of August. Which means, I'm not only losing an almost perfect roommate, but I now have to find a NEW roommate. I've never done that before. I've always been on the end looking for a place. My plan is to clean up and take some pics and then post an ad on Craigslist. Wish me luck that I'll be able to find someone who will be able to move in at the end of August so I won't have to pay the full rent amount for Septemeber!

In knitting news, I am filling my calendar with swaps and KALs. I think I've reached my limit now though. I'm doing the Starbucks & Yarn, Project Runway #5 (which isn't a REAL swap since I'm just sending a small prize to the winner of my group), the DC Central Park Hoodie KAL and the Hat Attack 2. Yeah, I think that's enough for my limited knitting capability. I also have my first pair of socks, my sister's poncho and starting on slippers for X-Mas gifts. Yeah DEFINITELY think I have enough knitting!

Oh, didn't want to forget to mention the FABULOUS party thrown by Wendy & Sarah. It was Iron Chef: Battle LIME! and it went off wonderfully. LOTS of good food (I did a variation on Cheesy pie where I used lime juice instead of lemon) and a good time was had by all. Thanks again to the lovely ladies in Westover! :) I have pictures that I'll post at a later date, but just wanted to drop a quick line and thanks.

Well, I think that about covers it for now. I'm heading to the LYS tonight to get my yarn for my S&Y swapee and my CPH, which I am really excited about! Talk to you all soon! :)

No comments: