Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Catching up with my classmates

Going through the blogroll of my fellow Hogwarts students taught me some great things this week.

Minerva Lovegood of Gryffindor suffered from a small panic attack last week. I hope it wasn't because of our hat duel! Those are supposed to be fun, not stressful. I should have sent her some chocolate with my hat, it would have smoothed out the rough edges!

I learned through Violet Starfire that the Puffs are learning more about their fellow students. Have they caught on to how the Claws find the snitch?! Uh oh! Also, she has a bit of a sweet tooth and is using Drooble's Best Blowing Gum to trap a jumping spider. What a clever girl!

Emma Gorodok, a fellow Ravenclaw, is a VERY lucky girl. She's about to leave for a visit with her parents. Then she's off to London and then finally Edinburgh to visit with the European contingent of HSKS. Have fun! Oh, and I also saw fabulous pictures of her in a newly crocheted lace shawl. What talent!

The biggest lesson I learned was from Callisto Verity of Slytherin! I know, a SLYTHERIN had something to teach me! ;) But while she's currently recovering from a broken arm (courtesey of a bludger in the last Quidditch match), she caught up on a LOT of her school work. It made her wonder though about us Claws. She wondered what we DID with all of the knowledge we seek. She sees the Gryffindors and Slytherins putting it to practical use, but can't say the same for the Ravenclaws. I believe that searching for answers and knowledge DOES serve a practical purpose. It leads to the great findings of our lives. Sometimes, pure research is what it takes to make those great discoveries and breakthroughs. It's later that the theories and knowledge can be put into practice.

Thank you to all of my fellow classmates for teaching me so many great things. I learn so much from all of you and greatly appreciate it! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, all our book reading not applied? I guess Slytherins have a hard time wondering about all our studying. Oh well. :-)

See you on the Quidditch field next week. Have a great weekend!

Hermione Bagnold said...

Callisto's comment threw me for a bit of a loop as well...still not sure what she was implying by her statement, though. But I'm with you; that having the knowledge DOES serve a practical purpose. :)