Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend in the Park

The weekend following the one with yarny goodness, I headed out to Berryville where my mom lives. Also visiting were my brother Justin, his wife, three daughters and new puppy. I was heading out for only the day, but lots of fun was to be had.

For the most part, we just hung out around the house and chatted. I met my newest niece, Hailey. She generously "baptised" me within five minutes of picking her up. What a welcome! She's awfully cute and has curious look about her. I have this great picture of her with her dad, where he holds her by her feet in one hand, forcing her to use her legs to stand. It sounds very dangerous, but is actually very beneficial. She strengthens a lot of her muscles and learns balance. See the picture below to see what I'm talking about.

Justin holding Hailey up with one hand. See, it's not THAT bad, right?!


Next we went to the park. The two older girls ran around while the adults tried to keep up. Lots of rides down the slide and pushes on the swing were to be had. It was a lot of fun -- and also a reminder of how much I need to head back to the gym! After that, we went for an early dinner and I headed home. All in all, it was a great day! My family rocks!

Justin helping Lexie (the middle girl) walk across the balance beam.

Tessa (the oldest) at the bottom of the slide. Check out the static electricity!

Even the grown ups had some fun!

3 comments:

Pandora said...

I have trouble keeping up with a three year old, but in my defense she is a fast one! Your brother is very brave to hold the little like that, but I am sure I did stuff that people thought was crazy too! She was his third, I am sure he knows the ropes, I was too worried at times. Made a great photo op!

Hermione Bagnold said...

ROFL You say "not that bad, right?" and I just look at her eyes, and start laughing! I'm sure it's not as dangerous as it looks, otherwise he wouldn't be doing it, right? My husband has done things similar to that where I, as a mom, jump out of my seat and am about to give him a tongue-lashing, but it's really not that bad...your niece already has better balance than I do! LOL LOL LOL Looks like it was a fun time!

AshAsh said...

It really isn't as bad as it looks! He's done it with all three of his girls. The first time he did it in front of my mom with his oldest, she really DID freak out on him. The instant her legs get too tired to keep her up, he stops. Promise! :)