Friday, March 06, 2009

What a week!

Greetings! I have just returned to VA after spending the better part of a week in Miami. And let me just say that I was loathe to return! I was in sunny and warm climes and returned to dreary and cold winter. Not exactly my dream.

So, I was in Miami for the eRetailer Summit (which is my association's mid-winter meeting). The hotel we were at, the InterContinental, was really nice. I had such a great view! Check it out! I got to see the pretty water. I have another picture which shows you the cruise ships that I looked down on as well, but it doesn't look as good.




I am the Education Manager at ERA, which means that I am in charge of all of the logistics for the speakers at our meetings as well as helping to create the educational content. At this meeting, we had two GREAT keynote speakers. One was Greg Waldorf who is the CEO of eHarmony. He's in the picture to the left, standing on the stage. His presentation was so great and such a treat to watch. Our other keynote speaker, Chris Rosica, gave everyone so many great ideas on how to get their brands out there. Over and over I just kept hearing about how great the educational offerings were, which really brought a smile to my face!

In other news, I completed the second round dueling hat for HSKS7! This time, the pattern was a little trickier as I had to learn a new stitch. Looking at the picture below, I can't really tell if it lives up to its name of "Quilted Diamonds", but whatever. It's on its way to the cold north of Northern Michigan. Here's hoping my owl doesn't freeze!
Anywho, it's time to get back to all of the post-meeting follow up. I'm really excited about it... I swear!

No comments: