Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend of Yarny Goodness!

The weekend of March 14 was all about yarny goodness. Saturday was Knit Happens' fifth birthday and the store celebrated with a great sale. I love the great deals they give you during their sales. This time around, my favorite deal was the 50% off all books and patterns. I got French Girl Knits (Rav link) and another book which I cannot mention because I got it for a spoilee. I also got FIVE skeins of Rowan Big Wool (Rav link) so I can make Wrenna (Rav link) from French Girl Knits. I got all of that for the low, low price of $66! Woo hoo! Thanks, Knit Happens and Happy Birthday!

The next day, the roommate and I headed up to Savage, MD and the Savage Mill for the Homespun Yarn Party. When Wendy and I got there the place was PACKED! We did one turn around the place and then decided to get some lunch and come back for another turn and buy things then. This was an EXCELLENT idea because when we got back from lunch, it was a LOT easier to get around. It was SO worth the drive up there, too. So many great hand dyed yarns -- many of which I have been coveting for a while. I also got to meet one of my swap pals. Shelby from the fall Starbuck's & Yarn Swap has a line of sock yarn that she was selling. I got a skein of Nagini that has silver threads in it. So pretty! I also got some Wullenstudio sock yarn called Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys that is a great blend of turquoise and teal. I also was on the hunt for something for my RAOK package and I found the PERFECT thing. I hope she likes it!

Shelby and I at her booth. Look at all of her pretty, pretty yarn!

The Nagini sock yarn I bought from Shelby.

The Wullenstudio sock yarn that I bought.

2 comments:

Pandora said...

I love Nagini! I can't wait to see what you make with it!

Wendy said...

Hey, the photo came out pretty good considering I didn't look through the peep hole.