Monday, September 15, 2008

It's a Knitting EXTRAVAGANZA!

Well, my new roommate Natalie moved in this weekend. I wanted to give her space around the apartment to get herself settled, so I kind of holed up in my room and watched tv and knitted. Boy howdy did I knit this weekend! I also went and met up with Knotty Knitters at Murky Coffee in Arlington. They are a GREAT group of knitters and made me feel more than welcome. Thanks, ladies!

So, what did I work on this weekend you ask? Well, to start with, I FINALLY tinked back (successfully I might add!) my CPH and fixed the problem with the shoulder shaping. So, the back piece is finished and is ready to be blocked, so I'm ready to forge ahead with the first front piece. Woo hoo!

Next, I finished my star stitch hair band, nicknamed Starry Hair. The yarn, Classic Elite Flash, was fun to work with. I really like the colorway of greens and blues. I don't think it was the best for the stitch because the definition gets kind of lost in the sea of color, but it's still very nice. I made a button hole for the first time. I must say, knittinghelp.com is a FABULOUS site and I highly recommend it to those needing a little quick guidance.

Finally, I also finished the second piece in my sister's poncho. I have been working on this project for over a year now and I'm finally nearing the end. I have to weave in the ends and then put the pieces together, but then it's done! I even believe I'll be able to get it off to my sister before her birthday! Woo hoo!

So, all in all, a very busy knitting weekend. Which is great because I now have to get started on an item for my spoilee in the HSKS 6 swap and Hat Attack starts tomorrow! EEK! And I leave for Vegas on Saturday, so there won't be much time for knitting while I'm out there. However, I get back on Wednesday (the 24th), have Thursday off and work from home on Friday, so can catch up again then. Anywho, that's all for today. Talk to you all again soon! :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Looks like you're speeding up on that thing we call knitting... you go girl!
Hope all is going well so far with the new roomie.