Monday, September 29, 2008

Woo hoo for Hats!

So, I have returned from Vegas victorious and exhausted. The meeting went really well and I am happy to report that I didn't forget anything. All in all, it was a great experience and I was glad to be a part of it. It made me feel really good about taking on this job! :) I'm sorry to report that I didn't take ANY pictures though. I brought my camera, but never remembered to take it with me wherever I was going. I'm really kicking myself for bringing it and not using it because the display screen was cracked for nothing. Oh well, lessons learned and all that.

Anywho, I came back Wednesday evening and then had Thursday and Friday off so I took advantage and did a LOT of knitting. I completed my HSKS 6 Dueling Club hat in less than 24 hours and am happy to report that it dealt a "deadly" blow to my opponent! The hat is the Utopia Cable Hat (Ravelry link) and is a great quick knit. I will definitely be making this again!

Here is the pretty purple hat in all its glory! :)

Next, I FINALLY finished my Hat Attack hat! Firefairy, I bow down to the genius that is your design! There wasn't anything inheriently complicated about the pattern, but lordy how it required your constant attention. This is NOT a hat that you can mindlessly knit. And, as soft as Therapi is and as nice as the finished object is, it is a PAIN to work with! However, the most surprising thing is, I'm not dead yet! I know! How did that happen?! In any case, I'm sending the finished hat today. Hope you like it, Patty! :)

Here is my completed weapon for Hat Attack II. I just hope it's not a misfire!

Ok, back to work for me now. My next projects are a baby blanket for my soon-to-be-born niece and the handmade item for my HSKS 6 partner... and no, no hints for you, Thomasina! I want you to be properly surprised! ;) Talk to you all again soon!

No comments: