Saturday, September 06, 2008

Ch-ch-changes!

Growing up, my mom always told me that the only thing you can count in life is change. Well, lord knows that I have PLENTY of that in the recent months. I started a new job in April and since I started at ERA, the CEO has left, my BOSS has left and my job went from being slightly more than administrative to WAY more than I expected. Then my roommate of almost two years moved in with her boyfriend, so now I'm getting a new roommate. Well, I guess my mom is right on this one... change is the only thing you can count on. In other news, I do have a new roommate, who will be moving in next weekend. I got to go to CA for a week and I'll be heading to Vegas in two weeks.

In knitting news, I'm participating in a few swaps. First is the HSKS 6 swap. I'm a very lucky member of the Ravenclaw house. This is only my second swap, and I hope I can keep up with this lively bunch of knitters! I'm also part of another Harry Potter themed group... the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup. This time, I was randomly sorted into the Slytherin House. This isn't really a swap, just an opportunity to knit and rack up some points for your house. I'm working on a cotton dishcloth for Herbology. Finally, there is Hat Attack II: The Death Hat Always Rings Twice, which starts on the 16th. I don't really expect to make it past the first round, but it DID introduce me to Therapi by the SWTC AND I'll get a cool hat out of it, so I'm not complaining!

Anywho, that's all for now. Here's hoping things settle down a bit and that I surrvive Vegas!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

So excited about the new roomie. Does she knit?

Fleur Sweeting said...

Hello! I'm a fellow HSKS6 ravenclaw... and I actually live in Vegas! I hope that you have a good time when you come and visit!
(misslucy on ravelry)

Kari Lu Cowell said...

Have fun in Vegas! :) I am Fiera Firenze in Ravenclaw (just in case you were wondering). Everytime I see this post I get David Bowie stuck in my head! ARGH!!!! lol

Terri said...

I am so glad that you came and joined us.

I promise this will be fun, a bit crazy yes, but Ravenclaw is TONS of fun.

Now, why did I leave there???

Terri said...

I am so glad that you came over and joined this swap.

You will have fun. It is a bit crazy but you will like it.