Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Beautious Slippers!

I'm very excited about this entry because I get to show off my slippers. I've been knitting off and on for the past three years, but have really only done scarves, hats and one poncho. (Although, I'm REALLY close to finishing Elizabeth's poncho!) So, it's very exciting to me to show you something that required a bit more skill on my part. The pattern is from my friend Wendy (who is a superb knitter and patient teacher) and she also helped with the felting. The pictures are below. BTW, if you ask me nicely I might make you a pair! :)


Here we have the purple & green slippers -- pre-felting.


And this is the slipper by my foot, just so you can see how much bigger it has to be before felting!

Here's one of my pretty blue & grey ones... I'm definitely keeping these!


And here we have the finished (and felted) pair! Now I just have to wait for them to dry and I can enjoy them completely! Woo hoo for the slippers!

No comments: