Monday, June 30, 2008

In the pursuit of men and knitting!

I have two things I want to talk about. The first is concerning my date on Sunday and the second is my desire to ramp up my knitting.

First, Sunday night. So, Tuesday, this guy asked if I wanted to watch a movie at his place Sunday evening. Great, not only did I get the second date, but he asked. Very positive. Then, I get a text on Saturday looking to confirm that we were still on, again VERY positive. Well, come Sunday, I don't hear ANYTHING from him, so I send a text around 7 that evening asking if we were still on and he says sure, how about 9. I knew the potential was there for this to be a late thing (he's a first year law associate, which means he basically has NO life), but this is still kind of late for me. I'm usually changing into my PJs by 9, but I say yes because I like him and need to get used to the late night date if things go any further, right? Well, it's a very nice evening all in all. We watch a Futurama movie and talk some and laugh... but, I don't know, I felt a little odd. Maybe because it's been a while since I "dated" someone, but something felt weird. Who knows... I think I'm just a little off. But we'll see if I hear from him again.

Ok, second. I have been knitting off and on for about three years. I know the basics and can follow a simple pattern. I enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from completing a project and the look on my friends' faces when I give them a knitted gift. That said, I haven't been very serious about furthering this craft (well, my SKILLS in this craft). So, I'm hoping to start ramping things up a bit. It started by doing a pair of slippers, which required me to learn some new skills. Now, I'm knitting my first pair of socks. My next desire is to join a swap. My knitting friends Sarah and Wendy do them and they seem like a lot of fun and a great way of learning and expanding your horizons. So, if you know of a swap that is looking for people and/or hasn't started yet, let me know.

Ok, I'm done now. Hope all is well in your world! Catch you later!

No comments: