Thursday, October 01, 2009

Blogtober

Greetings! I write to you from the other side (the finished side) of my association's annual meeting. We came back successful and gleeful... and EXHAUSTED! Now that I've recovered I can turn my attentions back to my blog. I know you must be as excited as I am!

First, a small (ok, rather large) housekeeping issue. I got my second SP 14 package close to two weeks ago and have yet to say a proper thank you to my Secret Pal. Even worse, I have serious camera issues and so can't show it off properly. She sent me some lovely baby blue cotton yarn - even better, she sent me enough for a February Lady Sweater! She included the pattern with it, so I'm guessing that's what it's for. I also got a little notebook to take notes in. Thanks Pal for another great package!

So, in case you hadn't noticed, today is October 1 - the beginning of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (remember to do self-checks ladies!), Sock-tober (if you knit socks you're excited right about now), Stockpile 2009 (for Malabrigo Junkies a way to create a pile of gifties for the holidays in the best yarn around!). It is also BLOGtober, a chance to challenge yourself to write one blog post. And I'm gonna do it! I know, you must be shocked! It's been about six weeks since my last post and now I'm going to write one every day for 31 days?! I know it's crazy, but I'm gearing up for a very special project and thought this would be a good kick in the butt! So, wish me luck and I hope you don't get sick of me!

One last thing. I'm also going to do participate in Stockpile 2009. Mainly because I have knitted gifts I want to get done, but also because it gave me an excuse to buy more lovely Malabrigo. My plan is to do a few hats, a scarf or two and my first shawl. So, wish me luck on this endeavor as well!

Talk to you tomorrow! :)

No comments: