Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's a start!

As I mentioned at the beginning of the month, I am participating in Stockpile 2009 in an effort to get ahead of my Christmas gift knitting (and to use my fave yarn, mmmmMal). However, so far, I have started a hat (that has since been ripped out) and a scarf (that I barely have 12" of). I have two pairs of mittens, a hat and three pairs of fingerless mitts to make. At this point, I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. Especially with the mitts. Which brings me to a really good question. Should I have ASKED everyone if they wanted a knitted item before starting one? I asked my mom and my sister (oh, which reminds me, add a purse to that list) and they said yes, but I didn't ask anyone else. But hey, half a hat (that's now nothing) and 1/6th of a scarf IS a start!

P.S. But what has me worried are the two knitted items I'm making for the two swaps I'm in oh, and the bi-weekly 5" I have to make on the traveling scarf swap I'm in. Yeah, I think I might be in over my head!

No comments: