Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Wind & Sails

I have definitely had the wind taken out of my sails. While I was super excited a week ago about the things I had planned for this month, today was a bit of a downer. My plans for next weekend fell apart all while I was on a horrendous call with my Education Committee and it led to a really bad afternoon.

The worst part though was the argument I got into with my best friend. I hate fighting with my friends, but this time I just got so frustrated. I'm tired of people thinking that just because I don't have kids or pets or own a home that I don't have a life. That I don't have responsibilities. It's like when my old roommates said I was adult light... all the fun with none of the responsibilities. That always made me so mad. I just don't understand how I am any less of an adult because I dont' have those things. I have bills, I have a job, I have people who count on me to do things or be places. So, I'm at a cross roads with my friend. I am constantly having to reschedule or having plans canceled all together because she has these responsibilities. And I'm an inflexible friend because I've gotten tired of it. *Sigh* It sometimes really sucks being a grown up!

Talk to you tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't write off your friend, just leave it to her to make plans that way it fits with her schedule. If she wants to hang out then great, if not then her loss cause I get to see you more :)

AshAsh said...

Way to point out the silver lining! Thanks, Leigh Anne! :)

Pandora said...

Wow, that is frustrating. I don't feel anymore grown up with a child. I just I feel I have a different kind of responsibility.

I had someone tell me that I don't have a real job because I am 30 hours rather than 40. I thought that was disappointing.

Could it be your friend is a bit jealous of your freedom? It is hard sometimes with kids.